Tuesday, August 18, 2015

La Familia DiCaprio 08/10/2015

So this week we went and knocked on a potential investigators door. A man answered and intorduced himself as Leonardo. We talked to him for a while, found out he had been taking the missionary lessons like 4 years ago, and he has a son named Jesus with special needs. We talked to him about coming back and about what we will be teaching him, and then we asked if we could say a prayer with him before we left. He said yes and asked us to pray for his son. Hna. Young went to say it, but by this time, she had forgotten the name. So she asked him what his name was, and he told her, "Leonardo." I told her it was, "Como Leonard DiCaprio! He said, "Si!" And then she started praying and prayed for, "La familia DiCaprio y su hijo Jose." Well... not only was their last name not DiCaprio, but their son's name was Jose! But we didn't know his actual last name, and we needed to know it! So I asked him what his last name was, and he told us it was "Hernandez..no, DiCaprio..." hahah he started laughing and told her that his son's name was also Jesus. But that the prayer was beautiful anyways! Luckily, Hna Young has a great sense of humor so she laughed along with me about it. :) 

We also had such an incredible miracle this last week! I think I told you last week about how one of the families we have been teaching in the ward decided to bring their family friend's over for the lesson as well! And that the mom, Kelli, was having complications with her pregnancy. At the end of the lesson, the member explained the priesthood to her, and asked her if she wanted a blessing of healing. We had to leave, because we were on our way to the spanish group, but the members texted us afterwards and told us what a beautiful blessing it was. Well, we went back over this sunday for the next lesson, and Kelli told us that she had another ultra-sound, and the doctors couldn't find what was there before. All of the problems were just gone, and the doctors were really surprised. But we knew it was because of the Priesthood blessing that she received! And it is so amazing to know that she has the faith the be healed. She doesn't even have a religious background, but she is humble enough to allow that to happen. She also told us how cool the blessing was, because things were said that she didn't even realize she needed to hear in order to comfort her! I told her how every single time I receive a blessing, I am able to feel the love that Heavenly Father has for me. It is incredible how perfectly He knows us. I am so grateful for the Priesthood, and the fact that we live in a time where that power is available to us! If any of you are going through a hard time, or any sicknesses, or problems of any kind, a Priesthood blessing can truly bless you! 

I have grown a testimony of the love of Heavenly Father this week. I am grateful for the weakness that he has given me so that I can rely on him and be more humble. Sometimes I forget how weak I really am, and I think I can do it on my own, or in my own way, or in my own time. And then I am kindly reminded by Heavenly Father that I need to remember Him and His son in all things, and rely on them instead! :) 

I love you all! I hope you have had a wonderful summer! I realized the other day that it was a year ago that I was waiting for my mission call... that is just so crazy to me! I am so grateful I was assigned to come to this wonderful place to learn such a wonderful language, and serve such wonderful people! Have a great week! 

<3 Hermana Ricks



No comments:

Post a Comment