Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Day We Had All Been Waiting For!

So I went to a Scout Camp called Cedar Badge. There were two other scouters at the camp with me who had turned in their papers after me. They both received their calls the Wednesday while we were there, so when my mom told me my call hadn't come yet, I didn't believe her until I came home to see that it actually wasn't there.

 The next Tuesday, my bishop called saying my call had been assigned, so I got it in my mind that my call was coming that Wednesday! I waited and waited for the mail, and even took off work so I could open my mission call! When the mailman came, he had no call in his hand. So I immediately wrote on the chalk board outside of our front door, letting the mailman know that I really wanted my mission call. It must have done the trick, because the next day it came!

On August 14, 2014 I learned that the next period of my life would be spent in the California Ventura mission! As I read California, it was like I already knew I was going there. Kind of like I had forgotten, and just needed reminded. I then read that I would be leaving on December 17, 2014 to the MEXICO MTC! I knew that meant I would be speaking Spanish! I had been telling Heavenly Father almost every night that I would love teach in either Spanish, or American Sign Language. I have had the desire to speak Spanish from the moment I was little and my dad taught me how to say, "Feliz Navidad" like a real Spanish speaker. :) He served a mission in Guatemala and I thought him speaking in Spanish was just about the coolest thing a dad could do. I have also always wanted to learn ASL because my brother cannot talk, and we only know basic signs. This was my desire, but I did not expect it, because I knew it was the Lord's will, and I was willing to teach in whatever language he needed me to do it in. I was again overcome with the feeling that Heavenly Father is very aware of our prayers and the desires of our hearts as I read that I would prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language. I knew at that moment that God was aware of me, and loved me very much. 







No comments:

Post a Comment