Sunday, February 8, 2015

First Week in CA! 2/2/2015

Hello everyone!!!! California is SO GREAT! I have even less time to email here than I did at the CCM... So this email might be a little shorter!

Leaving the CCM was so sad, but I am so excited to be here! My first day we just traveled around Ventura and Santa Barabara with the President and Sister Felix, and we spent the night at their house. Im convinced that they are the funnest mission presidents ever. The next morning was TRANSFER MEETING!!! Which means I met my trainer AND got the adorable package you all sent me! I seriously have the best family in the world. Thank you so much! 

My trainer is named Hermana Huey and she is so great! She plays the violin and loves to sing, so we sing a lot of hymns to almost everyone we teach! I am serving in Oxnard and I love it! Hna. Huey said that I am so lucky because there are so many latinos here, its like serving in a foreign country. I dont think Ive seen a single white person actually...its so great! I also havent met anyone yet that wasnt Catholic. Its super prevelent here. I love the people so much, they are SO nice. There is a lot of potential people here. We already had a nineteen year old accept a baptismal date and we really think we will see her baptized before we leave this area!

We live with some other awesome Hermanas that are hilarious and make it so fun.

All in all, I love my mission. I love the people, I love my companion, and I love the Lord. Im not loving Spanish so much right now because I feel like Im getting worse at it every day, but I realized that I can only do this through the strength of the Lord, and I have to rely on His timing.

Weird story for the week: We were eating at Subway (Thanks for the gift card by the way!!!!) and this guy walks up to us and sayd, "You guys are just so cute. I bet you wouldnt hurt a fly would you! You remind me of my grandma. You just look so cute and nice and sweet and you know who youd look really good with? Those little church boys that ride around on the bicycles! You would just be perfect with them!) We werent sure if he was mocking us or not until we saw him with his friends outside and saw that he was for real that ... expressive. Anyways! Good times in Oxnard. Its great.

I will write you letters later and try to go more into detail! Thank you all so much for the support! I am praying for you from over here in Oxnard!!


I dont have time to respond to everyone because the computer is about to kick me off, but I will write you all letters or write you back next week!! I love hearing from all of you, thank you SO SO much for the support! Also, if you could include in your emails your home addresses so I can send you a letter in resonse to your email that would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment