Thursday, February 19, 2015

Workin Hard in the 'Nard - 2/16/2015

This week was a roller-coaster!
 
So at the beginning of the week we had exchanges, and I was able to stay here in Oxnard and work with one of the sister training leaders. It was like the best most miraculous day ever! I asked one of our new investigators if he would be baptized and he was super excited about our message, and said he would be if he knew it was true! He told us we could come back in two days, and that he would read the pamphlet we gave him. Then we went and visited another lady that we've been teaching who is super stubborn! When we went, she told us that she had been praying to know if there really were prophets in these days. It was a miracle! The Lord totally softened her heart. I have never felt so happy as I did that day. I felt like Ammon in Alma 26 when he's just going on and on about how amazing the Lord is, and how through His strength all things are possible! When Hermana Huey came home that night I told her about all of the miracles we had, and she almost fell over because she was so excited! It was the best day of my mission so far.
However, the next day was probably the worst day of my mission... We woke up and found a text from the investigator that had accepted the baptismal date, and he said, "Thank you for the lesson, but I'm perfect where I'm at. No need for our next lesson." We tried to do everything we could to convince him to let us come back, even mow his lawn! But he wouldn''t let us. I have no idea what happened, but it was devastating. However, I am so grateful for that day. I grew such a strong testimony of the love that Jesus Christ has for each of us. I saw a little bit of how he feels when we don't follow him. I realized that he had a lot of disappointments too, and I can't come to know or understand Him without experiencing a little bit of the same thing. I love my Savior, and I know that he loves me. I also know that he loves everyone else, and that is why I am here.
Overall, this week was great! I can't remember hardly anything that happened...it went so fast! So this email is probably shorter than normal...Sorry!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Hermana Huey and I were able to sing to a lot of people that day, and it reminded me of Valagrams haha! Thanks for all you do, and for supporting me so much - this is the best thing I've ever done!

No comments:

Post a Comment