Thursday, November 19, 2015

Friday the 13th proved itself to be true... 11/16/2015

Thank you everyone for all of the birthday wishes!!! I had a wonderful birthday. However, my companion did not have such a great day...

So we went tracting with the english elders again looking for service, and we had this super awesome experience at the first house we knocked on. But on the way out, Hna Pirir didn't see a step and twisted her ankle. Luckily the elders were right there so they carried her to the car (As they said, "This is the most I've ever touched an Hermana before!!!"). To the ER we went! And of course it was super busy so we were there for the rest of the night. Our branch president and his wife had made me a birthday dinner, but we weren't able to go, so they came to keep us company at the hospital. :) Hermana Pirir is a trooper though...she just keeps crutchin along! :) Everyone asks if she was playing basketball to hard. We say, "Nope. Just tracting too hard."

However, earlier that day, we had district meeting! E Gaylor and E Lallaton made me a cake that had 20 candles and also cake pops. 20 is a gross age. There is no birthday age to look forward to after this... But oh well! At least I made it through the terrible teens!

Aaaannndd as for transfer news! So as we were sitting in the ER, we got a call from President Felix. He talked to me for a good 10 minutes about Hna P's foot, and then he says, "Well, I also called to talk to you Hna Ricks. Your assignment is being modified and you will now be a Sister Training Leader." Because the branch president and his wife were there I just started crying because I knew that meant I was leaving Lompoc...but the next morning I found out I was going to Ventura and that made it a lot better! I have always wanted to serve in Ventura! It will be such a great opportunity to serve around some amazing missionaries and so close to the mission president. I know I will learn a lot from it! So I am super excited! AND I will be companions with Hermana Griffis!!! I lived with her my very first transfer in Oxnard and I have always wanted to be companions with her! She is soooo funny and such a good missionary! (She was Hna Jeronimo's companion.) SO! It will be a good transfer. :) 

Well, I will miss Lompton. I sure have learned a lot here! Now that I'm leaving I will tell you mom... it definitely is a SkEtChY town. I wouldn't recommend living here... But don't worry, I made it out safe! :) 

 I hope you all have a wonderful week! The gospel is true! Read your scriptures, say your prayers, and go to church! Life is joyous in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Any trials you are going through can be lifted through Jesus Christ. You don't have to go through it alone! 

<3 Hermana Trystan Ricks



Finally had dinner at 10:30 after getting home from the ER... Tator Tot salad from Hna Rosales!!! mmmmm :)



Poor Hna...

Burro grande, y burro - ito. jajajaja

No comments:

Post a Comment