Monday, November 23, 2015

LOOK WHO I SAW YESTERDAY!!!!! 11/23/2015

"And it came to pass that as Hermana Ricks was journeying from the relief society out the door, behold, to her astonishment, she met with Emily, journeying to the land of the nursery. Now, Emily had been with Hermana Ricks at the time she was preparing for her mission, therefore she did rejoice exceedingly to see her BFF. And what added more to her joy was that they were still BFF's in the Lord; yea, they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were girls of a sure understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God" (Slight adaptation taken from Alma 17:1-2).

Okay that was weird. I was just standing in the hall and then out walks EMILY!!! After we both ALMOST cried, we just looked at each other and said, "Well, I don't know what to say to you!" It's kind of like a dream, and the only reason I'm sure I actually saw her is because I have picture evidence. But if it made me realize anything, it made me realize how short time is on a mission. In the short time we had to talk to each other, everything was the same. I fake punched her in the face for not writing me letters, we talked about all the crazy things going on in the world of everyone we knew from high school, and we still loved each other and treated each other just the same! Same personality, same relationship, same people. So I realized that I have the rest of my life to hang out with all of my family and best friends and the thing that won't ever be the same again is the fact that right now I have the wonderful privileged to spread the gospel and I have been called by a prophet of God specifically to do so. The time is so short, and then after, I just go back to normal life... I love my mission!! 

Okay heads up: the church is locked this week because they are fumigating it so we had to come to the library and the computers are super slow. So the rest of the email might be cut short! 

But... I love Ventura! The people and investigators here are awesome. We have already seen so many miracles. We had a really awesome lesson with our investigator and her daughter this last week. We asked them to close their eyes as we told them the story of Joseph Smith, and then write down afterwards when they felt the spirit. They both said they felt it when we had said the first vision and they knew it was true. They both came to church the next day and stayed for all three hours!

Hermana Griffes is so amazing and has taught me so much!! Especially about effective use of time. She really makes the best use of her time, and because of that we have had so much more success with teaching people. We are having a ton of fun together too! 

Also, we had a baptism last week! I only taught him 2 lessons, but he is AMAZING!! I don't have time to tell the whole story, so I'll just have to write it next week or in a letter. But the church is true! Heavenly Father really does prepare people!! 

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all!!!!!

(Doesn't Emily just look like she could have a name tag on too and be my companion? I think that's a good idea. Someone should tell her.)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment