Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Feliz Dia de Amor y Amistad! 02/15/2016

Hello Family!! I am so sorry I didn't send an email last week. I don't even remember what all I was going to write you but here are a few of the things I would have said:

WE GOT TO GO TO SALVADOR'S BAPTISM!!!! We both taught Salvador in Ventura! Maria had already been baptized while Hna Hurley was there and then I got to teach Salvador for a few weeks. We were able to go to witness their WEDDING and Salvador's baptism! It was such an incredible experience. 

Last transfer was so amazing! I really feel like I grew the most that I ever have on my mission. Hermana Hurley taught me so much! I was really sad to leave her, but I know her little trainee is so lucky to have her.

Fast forward to this week:

Hermana Eames is so awesome! She came into the area with all of these crazy awesome goals that she has for us to accomplish. It is so fun to work with her because we were together at the beginning of our missions and now we get to see the growth that both of us have had! And man it is amazing how much spanish you can learn in a year. haha both of us can actually talk to people now. woohoo!

Side note: Hermana Eames is telling me right now to tell you thank you for the cookies and ice cream card and everything in the package, and that she still has the sticker from dad's hotdog stand that you sent us a year ago, and she still wants to go eat at it when she gets home. :) I second that! Thank you so much for the package!!! And I am excited to eat some hotdogs with you all. hahah

So last night we decided to text everyone in our phone Happy Valentine's Day, and we got like 5 lessons set up with random people out of it! And like a billion more pending that haven't answered yet... One of the people called us right after and told us thank you. After talking to him for a few minutes we realized that he is someone that Hermana Eames and I get a card to a few days ago and Hna Hurley and I had also met him like 5 weeks ago (Hna Hurley - it was the man that was standing outside of the Orozco's apartment holding the Virgin Maria picture). Anyways, apparently he is a former investigator that really wants to come to our addiction recovery class! Heavenly Father must really be telling us to teach this man. 

Also, do you remember that miracle a few weeks ago about the family that just let us into their house and let us teach them? Well we stopped by his house like 20 minutes before the addiction recovery started and asked him if he would come. And then he ended up coming!! He was so nervous and did not want to ... but he ended up l.o.v.i.n.g. i.t. And his wife was super excited too! Pray for them!

We were able to listen to this amazing area broadcast yesterday and I learned that the church is more than just a social club! It is a safe refuge for people to go to that will protect them from the attacks of the world. We can't afford to just live comfortably in the gospel picking and choosing the things we will apply and the things that we won't. The prophets give us guidance for a reason! If anything in the church is hard to accept, all of it can be answered through having a testimony that Joseph Smith really saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. And that testimony can be obtained from reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. If all of that is true, then we really do have living prophets today! And they will guide us through these hard times. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I have felt Heavenly Father's love for me so much throughout my mission and I am so honored to be his representative. I know he loves us!

I am out of time, but I hope you all have a wonderful week and a happy valentine's day! I love you!

<3 Hermana Trystan Ricks





my companion barricaded me inside my bathroom in retaliation of me putting a nasty banana in her bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment