Monday, February 1, 2016

"Those elders are gonna be jealous of your oral hygiene" - Doctor Dunn 02/01/2016

Okay I am going to start off with a warning that I just had lazer gum removal surgery...so this email might struggle. No worries mom! I've just had problems my whole mission with the one side of my mouth where the wisdom tooth was really impacted, and I finally got it taken care of! I now have to go back to the wisdom teeth diet for a few days..gross. I hate not being able to eat normal people food! But I am so grateful I was able to do it here. Doctor Dunn in Santa Barbara did it - so kind of them! They have a son on a misson as well and were so nice to us. He was also really impressed with my oral hygiene and told me that the elders would all be jealous. hahaha I was flattered. 

So we saw a huge miracle this last week! We had recived a referral from a member at the beginning of the transfer, and every time we went we could never find her! But she lives in an apartment complex that is FULL of people and so every time we went we met lots of new people. One lady we met set up a return appointment with us, but we couldn't remember exactly what door she lived it. When the one we thought was her's didn't answer, we decided to try the other. Well, it wasn't her's., but the family that answered literally opened the door, told us to come sit down, asked if we wanted a water or a soda, and then poured their hearts out to us about their desire to repent and have unity and love and God in their family. The parents were both in tears and just hugging eachother as the dad told us how he wanted to change and knew that God had placed us in his path. He had prayed the night before for help. They didn't end up being there for the return appointment that we set because they were sick or something, but then they called us later apologizing and begging us to come back. I have never met such a prepared family in my mission. Pray for the Orozco family! (Not to be confused with our other incredible investigator Rosario Orozco - pray for him too though!)

Hermana Hurley is doing wonderful. I love her so much. I was reflecting last night on all of the incredible things that I have learned from being her companion. I really feel like she has helped prepare me to make the most out of the rest of my mission. I have learned so much from her example! Plus she cracks me up like crazy. hahah such a weirdo. 

I have learned during my studies this week that patience is required with our faith in order to lead to hope. Often times we might have faith, but then if things don't turn out the way we thought, we lose hope, and also lose faith, because we aren't patient! But Heavenly Father has a plan for us! If he has given us a prompting - we need to follow it and then be patient to understand why! But he loves us so much. Patience is such a needed attribute in order to have hope. 

I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

<3 Hermana Trystan Ricks 



No comments:

Post a Comment