Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Surprise, Surprise! 04/20/15

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy week.
 
First off, I am being transferred. :( I'm SO SAD! I love the Nard so much!! I don't want to leave, but I'm sure I'll end up liking the next area eventually...
 
I am going to Aroyo Grande! My companion will be Hermana Wallace. My address is going to be:
 
1385 Atlantic City #102
Grover Beach, CA 93433
 
Next: DAVID ARCHULETTA CAME TO OUR MISSION YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!
So we found out about a week and a half ago that we were going to have an all mission meeting on April 19th at the Ventura Stake Center. No one knew why or who it was for. We were all worried they were going to change the mission boundaries or something because it happened right before transfers. But we got a call on Saturday asking us to leave our cameras at our apartments and to come straight in the then leave. Everyone then thought it was going to be President Uchtdorf, because apparently he was in LA, but it ended up being David!! And he brought Brooke White with him as well! SO COOL! He told some amazing stories and sang a bunch and then each zone got to take a picture with him afterwards, which I'm sure is on the mission blog now. And then we shook his hand. :) He looked at each of our name tags and said hello! My 12 year old self was so excited.
 
THEN right after we take our zone picture with David, I hear, "Hermana Ricks!" I turn around and it's NATE FIELDING! Woohoo!! Emily's older brother! It was just about too much excitement for me to handle in one night. He is in the Stake Young Men's Presidency and said that they had had a meeting that night, and then he came to hear David and thought, "hey, I bet Trystan is here." Yup! I sure was! :) He was awesome! 
 
Anyways, this week was a great way to end the transfer and my time in the 'Nard. I am super excited to meet my new companion, but so sad to leave hermana Brown! She has been so much fun and such a good example to me. BUT! Her new companion is going to be HERMANA PRICE!!!! I am leaving her notes everywhere that say things like, "This is where I used to brush my teeth" and "This is where I used to get food." :) Hopefully she thinks I'm as funny as I do.
 
Love you all!! Have a great week!
 
<3 Hermana Ricks
 
P.S. Here is a picture of me eating a hotdog last week in honor of the grand opening of DAWGS! I'm sure the one I had wasn't as good as if you had made it, dad, but it was the best I could come up with! LOVE YA!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment