Monday, May 18, 2015

Busy Week! 05/18/2015

Hello family!! What a week! There were lot's of fun things!
So last Monday, we were able to sing at the Christian Women's convention. It actually wasn't as terrible as I thought it was going to be. And they fed us lunch! Hna Wallace and I sang, "Love at Home" together, and I accompanied a member that sang a song called, "Joy in the Journey." We also went bowling with the district! That was super fun, and I totally got a strike.
Tuesday was the hike with President and Sister Felix! We did a lot of activities that had to do with following the spirit. We had blind folds and took turns being led by our companion up the trail.
Wednesday I went on exchanges to Santa Maria with Hermana Costilla! I have always wanted to be companions with her. She is super cute! She was Hna Brown's trainer. She goes home this transfer, so it was right in time! So while on exchanges, we went to do service at this Catholic Charity place. We were standing behind the counter, and helping people sign in. The charity had a ton of bread that week, so they told us to tell everyone that came in to take as much bread as they wanted. So everything was going great, and then this white viega (old lady) came in, and was rather on the sassy/snarky side. We of course, said, "Good morning! How are you today?" She said in a super cheery/snarky voice, "OH I'm just GREAT!" And then we told her about the bread and she signed her name on the paper. Well, she didn't put her birthday which was suppose to be on there, so we asked her to put it. She was like, "WHY! Would you need that." Hna Costilla explained that we were just volunteers and they told us to have people put it. So she angrily wrote her birthday and slammed the pen down. We then told her she was welcome to take as much bread as she wanted, to which she responded, "Whatever." And then she grabbed her bag, grabbed her bread, turned around, and totally biffed it over this crate on the floor. Now, ladies and gentleman, I know that I should be more charitable, but I totally thought that was the funniest thing ever. Perfect timing really. Don't worry, I waited until after she left to laugh. The rest of exchanges were awesome too! We did a lot of street contacting, and then we went and got ice cream to celebrate!
Thursday we had an awesome District Meeting where our district leader ended by holding up a Book of Mormon, telling us it was our weapon, and the floor was our battle field. He then slammed it down on the table and said, "Move me." The testimonies following it were so powerful. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God! I have felt the spirit tell me as I read it that it is. I have read it, and prayed about it, and there is no doubt in my mind that it is true. I invite you to give it a try as well if you do not already know for yourself! If you do already know, share it.
I hope you all have a great week! I love you!!!
<3 Hermana Ricks

Okay and the computer is being dumb and won't send any pictures..sorry. I'll try again next week!
PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEENAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment