Monday, September 14, 2015

Road Trip! 09/14/2015

So we had to go to Santa Maria this week which is about an hour away from where we live, and on the way back in was super dark and I totally missed the exit without realizing it, and we ended up going a half hour further north! So we had to call the zone leaders because we didn't get home until 10:00...

That was about the most eventful thing from this last week! 

But I totally forgot to tell you in my email from last week about this super cool thing that happened!! So you know how I went on exchanges with Hna Jeronimo last week in Santa Maria? Well Santa Maria is really close to Arroyo Grande (where I served before I came here). I went to a coorilation meeting where the elders that were also serving in the branch with Hna Jeronimo talked about a lady that had come to the branch and given a talk, and she had been less active for years. I then realized that it was Hermana Lizalde who I worked with in AG! Her husband was the one that told me, "Don't be e-sassy!" When I told him that I would indeed continue to eat french fries, despite the fact that he thought they were really bad for me! haha. But anyways, Hna Lizalde had not been to church in 15 years the last time I taught her! And she couldn't come to the AG spanish group, because she worked. But since I left AG, apparently she got a different job, and she found out that there was a spanish branch in Santa Maria that met a time that worked better for her with her new job. And then she gave a talk in church!! WOOHOOO MISSIONARY WORK!!! I was SO happy! I can't believe I forgot to tell you about it last week! It makes me wonder what else has happened with everyone else I've taught before. I can't wait to visit all of them again!

As many of you have pointed out, this week is my half way mark (AKA HUMP DAY!) I can't even believe it! It doesn't seem like I have been out here that long at all, and then at the same time it feels like I've never even had a different type of a life - because this is normal! Time basically just doesn't exist. But it is really weird to think how far I have come, and how little time is left. I was trying to figure out how to celebrate it, and I decided that I will make a pie for myself. And since I actually come home on the 14th, yet I left on the 17th, I don't know which day is my actual hump day. So I figure, I can make a pie today, and eat it every day through the 17th. Problem solved. Now I need to go by pie stuff. 

I love you all! 

<3 Hermana Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment