Wednesday, January 28, 2015

HOLA! 1/24/2015

HELLO!!!!!!!!! So this is going to be my last Email from the CCM. I am seriously SO SAD to leave. My District is like a little disfunctional family and I love them all so much. And my teachers are incredible. We had to say goodbye to them today and I wanted to cry. But don´t worry, I didn't.
I´m also SO EXCITED to get out into the field and teach people about Jesus Christ! I cannot believe that I have already been out for 6 weeks! That's a whole transfer! Only 11 more Mom! But seriously if my whole mission goes this fast I might freak out. 

So here's the last of the stories from the CCM:

HERMANO SILVA'S GIRLFRIEND IS HERE AS A MISSIONARY! So funny. I've talked to her a bunch of times. She can't speak English at all, so it takes us forever to tell each other a simple thing, but I really like her a lot! I told Hno Silva that I approve. 

I bought a journal from the little store here for people to write in. I had Hno. Silva write in it. He wrote a whole page all in Spanish, which was a huge bummer until I read it and understood everything he said! This language is coming little by little ladies and gents! I can definitely feel the hand of the Lord in this experience. 

Hermana Price and I had the coolest thing happen this week! So on Thursdays we do a thing called TRC. I have no idea what it stands for, but people come in from the community and we get to teach them! Usually they are members, but not always. For our last TRC, a guy walked in with shaggy hair and a bro tank, and we could see a tattoo on him. We asked him if he was a member and stuff and we found out that he has been a member of the church for 18 years, but was inactive until 2 months ago. We were suppose to speak about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy, and our main focus was about the Sacrament - how we are suppose to always remember Jesus Christ and promise to take His name upon us. The whole lesson I felt like it wasn´t really what he needed. At the end of the lesson, the thought came to my head to have him read the scripture that says, "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass." After that I related it to the Sacrament and how we remember Him and take His name upon us by doing the small things like reading our scriptures and saying our prayers. It was time to end, and we realized that we didn't plan any commitments, so I just said the first thing that popped into my mind: "Tonight, will you read a chapter out of the Book of Mormon and then pray to God to know if it is true?" He looked down and kind of blushed and said, "I don't have a Book of Mormon." So of course we got all excited and told him we would go get him one! He tried to tell us that he has a friend that works here at the CCM that could give him one, but we didn't want to take that for an answer. So we had our teacher wait with him while we ran to our classroom to grab him a Book of Mormon. Handing that to him and saying, "Okay. Remember to read a chapter AND pray to know it is true." Was the best feeling in the world. THEN we asked if he had any friends that could benefit from our message, and he gave us a name and a number! So we got our first referral, and placed our first Book of Mormon. This is why I'm on a mission. For moments like that.

I know that if he truly reads this book, and thinks about what it says, and then prays to know for himself if it is true - I know if will change his life. And that promise is the same for all of us. God will answer our questions, and he will tell us through the Holy Spirit if something is true. I have done this, and I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. In that small little book contains the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The knowledge that through following Jesus Christ, families can be together forever! That Jesus Christ died for you, and for me. That hope is not lost.

 I know this book is true, and I ask each one of you to find out for yourselves if you believe it to be the word of God. We find this out by 1. reading 2. Thinking about it's teachings AND 3. PRAYING to know if it is true. 

I love you all so much!! I will talk to you in CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment